On 05/18/2017 02:01 AM, andy pugh wrote:
> On 18 May 2017 at 04:08, Jeff Epler <jep...@unpythonic.net> wrote:
>> How do developers of LinuxCNC feel about the idea of moving the
>> primary git hosting from git.linuxcnc.org to GitHub?
> One minor problem with this is that it becomes impossible to search
> the source code when away from one's git repositories (for example
> during lunch hour at work). I do this quite a lot when looking for
> answers to forum queries.

Oh, this is BIG!  (Thanks, Andy!)  I use the git web
interface ALL THE TIME to check some little bit of code to
answer a user's question.  Often it is looking at a sample
config file, but also for other things.  I'd be pretty
unhappy if the git web interface were to go away!  (There
might be some way we could provide such an interface
ourselves, but I wouldn't know how.)

Jon