If all that Linuxcnc does is talk to the GPL'ed EtherLab library, how is it
then you need to worry about trademarks and the like? Isn't that an issue
for the EtherLab team?
The LinuxCNC team has nothing to do with licensed material. The onus is on
the integrator to comply with any requirements just as he has to comply
with the requirements of the servos etc selected to go with his system.
Trademarks only give you protection if somebody attempts to pass off their
product as yours. You can still refer to a trademarked product in written
material but it is prudent to acknowledge the trademark.

Rod Webster
+61 435 765 611
Vehicle Modifications Network
www.vehiclemods.net.au