On Tue, 26 Jun 2018, Curtis Dutton wrote:

Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2018 14:16:16 -0400
From: Curtis Dutton <curtd...@gmail.com>
To: EMC developers <emc-developers@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [Emc-developers] Pre-Pull Request Review: Better laser engraver
    support + new HAL pin type "PORT"

Ok makes sense. I found the datapainter.vhd in the hostmot2 source code
downloaded from mesanet. Doesn't look like it is in the linuxcnc git yet.

The regmap file in the hostmot2 source shows the DataPainter register map (a little easier than trying to decipher the VHDL)

On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 11:31 AM, andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 26 June 2018 at 02:30, Curtis Dutton <curtd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Peter that sounds great. Can I get some links into the relevant pieces?
I'm
> willing to work on this, and add to the hm2 driver, do some testing and
get
> something going after I finish my man pages. I have a 6i25 and a smart
> serial IO card in my laser so I can test as I develop.

I think this is unrelated to the smart-serial stream datatype. (So
your smart-serial board is not relevant)

The files that would need to be altered would be the same ones as were
altered to add led support (I choose that one as being a very simple
patch for a very simple feature).

https://github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/commit/920b18a1e3c278c30ab5b99ad0e441
fbbc2010b9

Basically a new driver file, adding that to the makefile and a few
changes in hostmot2.c / .h  to recognise the tags and to know what to
do with them.

--
atp
lunatics."