On Monday 05 August 2019 13:26:56 Jon Elson wrote:

> On 08/05/2019 11:21 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Because its handier than bottled beer, right here in front
> > of me, its also the home of my card reader when its in
> > use. The mouse keeps on working, with data from the same
> > usb dongle.
>
> There was a fairly common bug some time ago where plugging a
> USB storage device would cause temporary or permanent
> lockups of other USB devices.  I don't know if this was ever
> fixed, or at what kernel rev.  I have experienced it on
> several systems a while ago.

Not used since the last reboot.

Nothing that I have been aware of, immediately precedes the failure which
usually is first noticed after I've been absent from this chair for a
bit. Noticed when the right numpad + key did not take me to the next
unread msg.

> Jon

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)