There have been several reports of Axis starting minimized in some Linux
distributions.

I have recently noticed this behaviour in a distribution with muffin as the
window manager.

According to this thread <http://74.208.161.176/tk/tktview?name=ee3361a3ad
<http://74.208.161.176/tk/tktview?name=ee3361a3ad>> it is quite common.

I have tried Axis (in master branch) with two variations and both seem to work
OK on sytems that had no issues before and the one that showed the above
behaviour.

1. change line 122 from "root_window.iconify()" to "root_window.withdraw()".
The only issue with this is that there is no icon on the task bar until the
window is displayed.

2. remove line 122 "root_window.iconify()" and lines 3965 & 4108
"root_window.deiconify()". The only issue with this is the Axis window jiggles
around a little until it is fully populated (including any VCP panels).

Personally I think that number 1 is the "nicer" option.

Cheers, Phill.