On Thursday 20 February 2020 07:41:41 Gene Heskett wrote:

> The build of a fresh pull of todays master is trotting right along, so
> in an hour or so there s/b fresh downloads of master (2.9.0-pre)
> available on my site.  These run on raspian-10.3 armhf flavor. There
> is also a 149 meg preempt-rt.tgz kernel. Still a 4.19.71-rt, but not a
> 2.5 gig dl.
>
> Goto the link in the sig, add 'lathe-stf' to the address bar & hit
> return, find the linuxcnc4pi4b link in the listing, click and you
> should see the new stuff.
>
> Since the rpi4 is running apache2, I may see if I can nat a different
> i/o port in my router to give folks direct access to the pi's build
> directory.  But that will also take a bit of apache2 configuration on
> the pi, so it probably won't happen today. If and when I get it
> working, I'll append it to my sig. In the meantime its available now
> at the old link in the paragraph above. And in runs fine on my rpi4b.
> Have fun all.
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett

Whomever is downloading the 2.5 gig kernel image from 173.205.33.27 (GIT)
in McLean VA, why?

There is an installable kernel there thats only 149 megs, called
rt-kernel.tgz. Please get it instead and use it. It's exactly the same
thing but just stripped down to what you need from that image. I've only
a 300k upload speed.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis