Gene we can go the other way Raspbian on x86

https://magpi.raspberrypi.org/articles/install-raspberry-pi-desktop-x86

On 29/2/20 3:00 pm, Gene Heskett wrote:
On Friday 28 February 2020 13:53:20 Rod Webster wrote:

Andy,

Just to confirm, The permission was issued here thanks to Chris
Morley: https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?p=1489153#p1489153

Rod Webster
*1300 896 832*
+61 435 765 611
VMN®
www.vmn.com.au

On Sat, 29 Feb 2020 at 02:11, andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com> wrote:
What is needed to add Buster RTAI and / or Mint RTAI buildslaves to
the the farm?

( We apparently have permission to distribute a LinuxCNC Mint ISO
and it is popular on the forum )
Not that I have much more than a toothpick to steer this project with as
a builder currently distributing a preempt-rt kernel and a build of
master that runs well on an rpi4b starting from a buster 10.3 raspbian
full install, anything that reduces the lengthy list of extra installed
dependencies in order to build master on the rpi4b without loseing some
functionalities like gscreen and printing a classic ladder graph which
is the current case, would certainly be appreciated.

However, the question then becomes, since I haven't dealt with mint in
several years, (I liked it then) does mint have an iso that installs it
on an rpi4b? What I can see on their download page says its all for x86
and up. No armhf installs are visible.

Does this leave my rpi4b efforts for naught? I'd like to think that JT's
efforts to get us started will not die with me, and while my parts list
is beginning to resemble the 6 million dollar man, its also plain to me
at 85, that I don't have another 20+ years left to support the raspbian
armhf version which will without a doubt drift away from whatever
version you wind up publishing.  Its the nature of the beast that is an
OS anybody can play with.

--
atp
lunatics." — George Fitch, Atlanta Constitution Newspaper, 1912

Cheers, Gene Heskett