Greetings all;

I never made it to the garage today as I had a bad time with leg cramps
in the night so didn't get a lot of good sleep last night. They ached
all day.

How hard would it be to cause the text background of the halmeter to
switch colors when its in the true/false mode for a logic signal? When
piddling with this G-704's spindle encoder, changing its index  from an
opto-interrupter to an ATS-667, the halmeter on the monitor screen is
too far away to read the true/false text. But I could see a color change
from several feet farther away. I know which of the wires is ground and
which is the 5 volt supply, but there was originally the A/B/Z wires and
I need to find the Z wire.

I threw that opto stuff together on two pieces of perfboard, one holding
the slot gizmo's and one holding a quad cmos buffer to give me rail to
rail outputs quite a few years ago without documenting it, a bad habit
of mine.

?? a possible halmeter enhancement patch ??

Thanks all.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis