Hi Chris

> But here is something to muse.
> lets take the f code for instance it could be alone or with other commands.
> eg.
>      g1 x 1 f6
> or
>     f6
>     g1 x1
>
> So  how do you account for that when single stepping?

I'm not able to talk about my (possibly) 30th step, before I did the first one.
I only know the direction, where to go. I have no idea, how many steps it will
take.

> I'd hate to put a bunch of work towards something then have to refactor it
> right away.

Sure! Refactoring is only a valid task in commercial business.
No developer that vasts his spare time likes refactoring. And I believe, that
it is not estimated by the users. Even lot of commercial users don't estimate
refactoring.
Like machinekit - they did a lot of work, but when I compare the codebase of
today with lc - I see no reason, why I should use machinekit.

So I look for remarkably improvements (hopefully) for the endusers (and I will
become an enduser hopefully :) ). Than I look on how I could achieve it. Then
I must start somehow.
So for closer synchronization between backend and frontend the first thing is,
I have to have access to the original source line.

If I have that value accessible, many things could be improved. Even F-word
handling could be verified :)
Of cause, other problems will rise. But I'll head them, when I notice them.
OK?

Reinhard