Hi Andy,

On Dienstag, 31. März 2020, 17:59:13 CEST andy pugh wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Mar 2020 at 16:07, Reinhard <reinha...@schwarzrot-design.de>
> wrote:
> > It's like a C-compiler which does (part) of the linkers job, but so bad,
> > that lot of compilations units fail, as the compiler did not have compiled
> > a necessary module yet.
>
> Sort-of.
>
> The scheme is to run ahead as far as possible to keep the motion queue
> full. This is to allow blending of moves to keep the machine moving
> smoothly (and within velocity and accel constraints, which are applied in
> the realtime layer)

I know

> The problem (which is normally quite a small one) is that the intepreter
> state runs a long way ahead of machine state.

No. I think the problem is not, that the interpreter reads to far ahead, but
that the interpreter performs tasks, which it should not.

> This should only matter when things go wrong.... Aborting G-code and
> re-starting ought to be unusual behaviour.

Well, the f-word handling, Chris is working on, shows that the problem occurs
in quite normal gcode files and situations.
I heavy use same tool for roughing and smoothing (HPC-cutters are so cute :) )
- only with different spindle speed and feed values. This usecase will fail
with lc standard.

So work needs to be done.

Reinhard