Hi Andy,

On Montag, 13. April 2020, 00:32:55 CEST andy pugh wrote:
> Though that should't have broken it.

May be not broken, but at least weird.
Size of tooltable in nml-status is now 1001 (sounds like myths of Scheherazade
:) ), but every tool has coordinate-values 0 (at least z-axis is 0), diameters
are correct.
This is different to the smaller tool table from before. Definitely!

When I step through gmoccapy_2_tools_with_cutter_radius_compensation.ngc, the
behaviour of dro-values is inconsistent. For that test I started axis with dro
showing machine-coordinates and my app in parallel which shows relative
coordinates.

Before toolchange, the dro show 0 in absolute mode and negative G54-values in
relative mode.
After toolchange, absolute values stay at 0, but relative Z-value changed by
0.5 (my value from G43.1). No entry (I know about) in nml-status reflects the
tool-length of current tool, that motion will use.
Again - that was different before [?] -

I guess, axis shows the toollength from selfreaded tool.tbl file.

When I step through first move (G0 X50 Y50), difference between relative and
absolute coordinates keeps being constant.
When I step through G0 Z30, relative dro shows 30, but absolute Z-value moved
from (Z-value from G54 minus 0.5 from G43.1) to (Z-value from G54 minus tool
length minus 0.5 from G43.1) - so the difference between absolute and relative
coordinated has changed.
Well, to my believing, this should not happen. Not at this time!
The only place where the difference between absolute and relative coordinate
may change is at tool-change or fixture-changes.

Behaviour may be ok from sight of motion, but it is not from user sight (with
me being the user ;) ).

cheers Reinhard