On Freitag, 17. April 2020, 00:15:39 CEST Andrew wrote:
> ср, 15 квіт. 2020 о 16:55 Reinhard пише:
> > ... by the way: recently I was testing linuxvariant of PlanetCNC. To me it
> > looks like a fork of lc - and they already solved several problems of lc
> > apparently.
>
> Which exactly problems, may I ask?

I won't bet on it, but to me their singlestep behaviour looked bit closer to
my expectations than the behaviour of linuxcnc. But they skipped some lines
too, as linuxcnc does.

I did not test real hardware so. Just simulation/demo mode.
I don't expect their hardware to be able to reach linuxcnc.
But UI looks very promising. Not perfect, but good job.

On mill at work, single step means "stop on every line", so the cnc-controller
does exactly that. No matter, whether that line is a motion, a machine
command, a comment or just an empty line.
So they don't ask for execution time - and that's what I want and expect.

Reinhard