On Friday 17 April 2020 00:08:10 Reinhard wrote:

> On Donnerstag, 16. April 2020, 20:07:42 CEST Gene Heskett wrote:
> > build=pdf on the debian/configure line.
> > Odd... ???
>
> Whole pdf building is odd and weird.
>
> build tries to generate pdf in languages, that I did not install on my
> box. And the most weird thing: it deletes the target and few seconds
> later it fails, claiming, that it can't remove the target, as it does
> not exist.
>
> Then I have to create the target (with touch) and the build continues
> until next language, where it fails in the same manner :(
>
> I don't know enuf about building systems to fix the problem, so I
> disabled generation of pdf completely.
>
> Reinhard

I've had similar problems, but since I am trying to build for the rest of
the planet with my rpi4b builds, I have installed all the dependency's
to get rid of those problems. I use only 64GB cards on my pi's so space
isn't a problem, but I don't use those cards as build space, I have a
couple much bigger SSD's for that. Because of wear on the u-sd's I don't
use a swap file either, but do have a 10Gb swap partition mounted on one
of the SSD's.

That said, I'll note somewhat sadly, the english pdf's are larger than
the others, by substantial margins, so the obvious conclusion is that
the other languages still need help in the translation department.
Contributions to fill that language support gap would I'm sure be
welcomed. But since I never got any other languages is school, I quit
too soon and went to work fixing tv's in the late '40's, I am not going
to be a contributer to that.  It has amazed me no end that so much of
the planet has learned my only language and I thank those that have
learned it, many times.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis