On Sonntag, 19. April 2020, 15:22:21 CEST Juergen Gnoss wrote:
> That's not the case for all lcnc users.

Of cause! I can't speek for all users.
So I speek for me only.

> Override values are also often used to optimize cutting.
> While job setup, you program a low (secure) feed in g-code and while running
> the program you crank up the feed to an optimal value using override. Then
> you change the g-code for a production run.

Whow - so if users use the software in a wrong manner, than wrong behaviour of
software is right?

The right way is to program the optimal feed (depending on tool, cutting
volume and vibrations and ...). Then on executing g-code, speed will be
adapted if necessary. Normally you lower the speed on first try and then you
run at 100% programmed feed rate.
I have to change programmed feedrate really seldom. Just in some special cases
with already hardened material or extremly large milling tools ...
But I use the feed override to lower speed many thousand times on a new job.

Some days ago some developer said, that they like to move linuxcnc toward more
professional controllers - so I mentioned, what I expect from a professional
controller. That's all.

Reinhard