> dear Reinhard, dear LinuxCNC developers,
>

> I refer to the last phrase of Reinhard's email below.
>

> We installed a forum for all questions related to OpenCN :
>
> https://discourse.heig-vd.ch/c/opencn
>
> You are welcome to input all issues, installation problems, etc.
>

> Unfortunately we had to fork LinuxCNC because the real-time framework of
> OpenCN differs a lot (Xenomai with asymmetric multi processing (AMP)).
>

> We plan a release v2 of OpenCN by end of june 2020 with the following
> features :
>

> 1) Compressing of small G01 blocks by B-Splines
>
> 2) Detection and handling of cusps in the trajectory, better handling of
> feedrate near zero
>
> 3) Linux 4.19 LTS
>
> 4) remote GUI in order to eliminate intermittent jitter problems in EtherCAT
> @10 kHz due to DMA access of GPU
>
> 5) x86 and Raspberry Pi support
>
> 6) bug removals and better stability

Sounds really good!

Got my first Ethercat servo board to run with good accuracy this weekend and
got my first circuit board there I am really happy with design a few hours ago.
Layout of circuit boards should be good for electrical and manufaturing
reasons, they should also have enough clearance/creapage to fulfill safety
standards if needed and circuits with reinforced safety certificates have been
used, at least if they ordered with correct part number, no module, standard
discretet transistors, it is standard circuit boards with some marginal to the
minimum clerance and trace with tough thicker than standard copper might be
needed. It should also be possible to fit in a box with power connectors on the
sides, logic connectors and LEDs according to Ethercat standard on the top,
this design should hopefully be suitable then mounted in a cabinet though
cooling fin on the back might complicate it in case a large one is needed.

Regards Nicklas Karlsson