On Thursday 14 May 2020 04:07:25 Reinhard wrote:

> Hi Gene,
>
> On Donnerstag, 14. Mai 2020, 09:47:01 CEST Gene Heskett wrote:
> > On Thursday 14 May 2020 03:06:41 Reinhard wrote:
> > > P.S.: by the way - what does the css in spindlestatus mean?
> >
> > Constant Surface Speed, where the rpms are modified upwards as the
> > radius gets smaller.
>
> Oh, thanks a lot!
>
> Didn't know the shortcut in english. With full words its clear.
> So it is G96 on lathe?

I think so. See the Documentation pdf for sure, and for how to issue the
command as it takes several arguments. Its in the programming chapter.

Proper operation of coarse demands that 0.000 radius occurs at exactly
the center of the work. But while I have used it, I can't say as to
whether this 0.000 can be set by a touch off, or if the homeing settings
rule.

Since tooling offsets vary with the tool and post settings, I've always
assumed the DRO offset shown in the axis backplot window, subject to
touch-off corrections was the controlling variable, so YMMV.

> cheers Reinhard

Stay safe and well. As one sig I saw recently says, someday the world
might need a hero and it might be you.  Be ready.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis