On Wednesday 05 August 2020 13:52:34 Gene Heskett wrote:

> On Wednesday 05 August 2020 12:35:38 andy pugh wrote:
> > Can anyone interpret what is going on here?
> >
> > http://buildbot.linuxcnc.org/buildbot/builders/4007.deb-precise-i386
> >/b uilds/5596/steps/shell_3/logs/warnings%20%2830%29
> >
> > It looks disturbingly corrupted.
>
> I've seen something like that before, all starting with Z's, but it
> went away, 2? weeks back.  From the doc build stage. I've got my pi4
> working on it, as it was 2 big commits behind.  So far its ok, but its
> still making docs and has not run any tests yet.
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett

finally saw it, can't get the version info from libtk stuff. But it made
debs which are now installing. And the armhf build is running ok here.
>From the build screen:

dh_shlibdeps -l debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: can't extract name and version from library name
'libtk8.6.so'
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: can't extract name and version from library name
'libtk8.6.so'
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _Z17STRAIGHT_TRAVERSEiddddddddd used by
debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/libcanterp.so.0 found in none of the
libraries
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _Z17SET_SPINDLE_SPEEDid used by
debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/libcanterp.so.0 found in none of the libraries
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _Z12SELECT_PLANE11CANON_PLANE used by
debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/libcanterp.so.0 found in none of the
libraries
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _Z9FLOOD_OFFv used by
debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/libcanterp.so.0 found in none of the libraries
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _Z10INIT_CANONv used by
debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/libcanterp.so.0 found in none of the libraries
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _Z21STOP_SPEED_FEED_SYNCHv used by
debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/libcanterp.so.0 found in none of the libraries
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _Z30START_SPINDLE_COUNTERCLOCKWISEii used by
debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/libcanterp.so.0 found in none of the
libraries
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _Z14ORIENT_SPINDLEidi used by
debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/libcanterp.so.0 found in none of the libraries
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _Z14PALLET_SHUTTLEv used by
debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/libcanterp.so.0 found in none of the libraries
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _Z20ENABLE_FEED_OVERRIDEv used by
debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/libcanterp.so.0 found in none of the libraries
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: 26 other similar warnings have been skipped (use -v to
see them all)
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: can't extract name and version from library name
'libtk8.6.so'
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/rtapi_app contains an
unresolvable reference to symbol __aeabi_atexit@CXXABI_ARM_1.3.3:
it's probably a plugin
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol __aeabi_atexit@CXXABI_ARM_1.3.3 used by
debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/liblinuxcncini.so.0 found in none of the
libraries
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/schedrmt contains an
unresolvable reference to symbol __aeabi_atexit@CXXABI_ARM_1.3.3:
it's probably a plugin
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol __aeabi_atexit@CXXABI_ARM_1.3.3 used by
debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/libpyplugin.so.0 found in none of the
libraries
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/milltask contains an
unresolvable reference to symbol __aeabi_atexit@CXXABI_ARM_1.3.3:
it's probably a plugin
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _Z26GET_EXTERNAL_DIGITAL_INPUTii used by
debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/librs274.so.0 found in none of the
libraries
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _Z32GET_EXTERNAL_PARAMETER_FILE_NAMEPci used by
debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/librs274.so.0 found in none of
the libraries
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _Z32GET_EXTERNAL_TOOL_LENGTH_VOFFSETv used by
debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/librs274.so.0 found in none of the
libraries
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _Z6FINISHv used by
debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/librs274.so.0 found in none of the libraries
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _Z23GET_EXTERNAL_POSITION_Yv used by
debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/librs274.so.0 found in none of the libraries
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _Z8LOGCLOSEv used by
debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/librs274.so.0 found in none of the libraries
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _Z32GET_EXTERNAL_TOOL_LENGTH_ZOFFSETv used by
debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/librs274.so.0 found in none of the
libraries
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _Z20STOP_SPINDLE_TURNINGi used by
debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/librs274.so.0 found in none of the libraries
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _Z17DISABLE_FEED_HOLDv used by
debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/librs274.so.0 found in none of the libraries
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _Z18GET_EXTERNAL_SPEEDi used by
debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/librs274.so.0 found in none of the libraries
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: 138 other similar warnings have been skipped (use -v
to see them all)
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/rs274 contains an
unresolvable reference to symbol __aeabi_atexit@CXXABI_ARM_1.3.3: it's
probably a plugin
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/xhc-whb04b-6 contains
an unresolvable reference to symbol
__aeabi_atexit@CXXABI_ARM_1.3.3: it's probably a plugin
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: package could avoid a useless dependency if
debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/classicladder
debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/halscope debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/halmeter
were not linked against libgio-2.0.so.0 (they use none of the
library's symbols)
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: package could avoid a useless dependency if
debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/classicladder
debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/halscope debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/halmeter
were not linked against libpangocairo-1.0.so.0 (they use none of
the library's symbols)
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: package could avoid a useless dependency if
debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/classicladder
debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/halscope debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/halmeter
were not linked against libatk-1.0.so.0 (they use none of the
library's symbols)
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: package could avoid a useless dependency if
debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/panelui was not linked against libutil.so.1
(it uses none of the library's symbols)
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: package could avoid a useless dependency if
debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/_togl.arm-linux-gnueabihf.so
 debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/tcltk/linuxcnc/hal.so
debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/tcltk/linuxcnc/linuxcnc.so were not linked
against libXext.so.6 (they use none of the library's symbols)
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: package could avoid a useless dependency if
debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/classicladder
debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/halscope debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/halmeter
were not linked against libpangoft2-1.0.so.0 (they use none of
the library's symbols)
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: package could avoid a useless dependency if
debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/_togl.arm-linux-gnueabihf.so
 debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/tcltk/linuxcnc/hal.so
debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/tcltk/linuxcnc/linuxcnc.so were not linked
against libXss.so.1 (they use none of the library's symbols)
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: package could avoid a useless dependency if
debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/_togl.arm-linux-gnueabihf.so
 debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/tcltk/linuxcnc/hal.so
debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/tcltk/linuxcnc/linuxcnc.so were not linked
against libXft.so.2 (they use none of the library's symbols)
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: package could avoid a useless dependency if
debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/classicladder
debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/halscope debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/halmeter
were not linked against libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0 (they use none of
the library's symbols)
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: package could avoid a useless dependency if
debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/_togl.arm-linux-gnueabihf.so
 debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/tcltk/linuxcnc/hal.so
debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/tcltk/linuxcnc/linuxcnc.so were not linked
against libz.so.1 (they use none of the library's symbols)
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: package could avoid a useless dependency if
debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/classicladder
debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/_togl.arm-linux-gnueabihf.so
 debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/halscope
debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/tcltk/linuxcnc/hal.so
debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/tcltk/linuxcnc/linuxcnc.so
debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/halmeter were not linked against
libfreetype.so.6 (they use none of the library's symbols)
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: package could avoid a useless dependency if
debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/classicladder
debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/halscope debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/halmeter
were not linked against libcairo.so.2 (they use none of the
library's symbols)
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: package could avoid a useless dependency if
debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/classicladder
debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/_togl.arm-linux-gnueabihf.so
 debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/halscope
debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/tcltk/linuxcnc/hal.so
debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/tcltk/linuxcnc/linuxcnc.so
debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/halmeter were not linked against
libfontconfig.so.1 (they use none of the library's symbols)

I wonder, do we need to install the -dev stuff for libtk?

It does not seem to be a showstopper from this row of the peanut gallery.

Thanks Andy.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis