On Thu, 20 Aug 2020 at 11:58, John <j...@gnipsel.com> wrote:

> I do see it in master...

That would explain it, sorry for the confusion.

I was juggling a VM window and a github window, both on my iMac trying
to compile a list of which hal components have spanish translations
and which don't.
It is quite likely that the github window defaulted back to showing
"master" without me noticing.

I can't decide whether the translated versions of the .tmpl should
also be auto-generated. If the translations were complete, then the
answer is obvious, As things stand there is the option to link to the
english version and annotate the link to indicate that it isn't
translated.
Though what we have in 2.8 now is a bit of an unsatifactory
half-way-house where man/es/man9 contains a mixture of translated
manually written man pages and static untranslated copies of the
auto-generated .comp manpages.
it will do for now, but if and when I merge the multilingual
halcompile it would be best to strip out those static copies and link
to the default docs where no translation exists.
Which is likely to need rather a lot of cleverness in the Submakefile.
(take the master list of manpages, iterate through and link to either
the translated version or the base version of there is no translated
version)

--
atp
lunatics."