Interesting that Mint Mate and Debian Mate are not the same... I officially give up on Debian 10 Mate and will see what else will work. I'll download all the Debian 10 iso's and try each one. The only reason I use Mate is because years ago the rest of the choices were just plain ugly and hard to work with for me. Nothing I've used since Ubuntu 10.04 has been as user friendly... IMHO.

JT