On Monday 26 October 2020 00:27:31 Peter C. Wallace wrote:

> On Sun, 25 Oct 2020, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2020 23:54:34 -0400
> > From: Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net>
> > To: emc-developers@lists.sourceforge.net
> > Subject: Re: [Emc-developers] pwmgen, mesa version, man page is?

> >> I dont think this is the case, Both PWMgens have direction outputs
> >
> > If my tracing is correct, pwmgen.01's dir s/b on the std bob at
> > Zdir, adjacent to its output on Zstep from the pwmgen.01.  Its dir
> > is nowhere to be found that I can find. pwmgen.00 s/b step/dir4 in
> > both polarities. These may be working but I'm haveing a hard time
> > correlating the mouse clicks to check both and hold a meter or scope
> > probe at the same time.
>
> I just tried the 7i76_1px2d pinfile source code on a 7I92
> and it works as expected:
>
> setting PWM 00 or 01 to a 0.5 value results in a 50 % duty cycle
> waveform with DIR low
>
> setting PWM 00 or 01 to -0.5 value results in a 50 % duty cycle
> waveform with DIR high

But. But. I don't have a 7i92, nor do I have a free ethernet port to
drive it with. I have a std sainsmart bob on the 5i25's p2. The crimp on
cable was bad at first but thats been repaired with new connectors.

That pwmgen.01's dir output s/b on the 5i25.0.gpio.021, aka header pin5,
aka YDIR.  So I've edited the .hal slightly different, and I can now see
the signals at the 5i25.0.gpio.006.in and gpio.007.in for axis A with a
halmeter.

And dittos for pwmgen.01 for gpio pins 25 & 26 for the spindle.  Now to
wire it that way since it isn't.  These sainsmart BoB boards are cheap,
well built and almost indestructable, but chasing a signal thru one that
doesn't name outputs by pin # is a cast iron bitch.

Thank you, Peter.

[...]

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)