On Tuesday 23 February 2021 11:33:38 Peter C. Wallace wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Feb 2021, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2021 11:07:19 -0500
> > From: Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net>
> > To: emc-developers@lists.sourceforge.net
> > Subject: Re: [Emc-developers] [PCW too] rpi 5.10 rt preempt
> >
> > On Tuesday 23 February 2021 04:12:19 Thomas J Powderly wrote:
> >> I'm getting 73.1us base latency already
> >>
> >> and need about 20 for my step timings worse case,
> >>
> >> so 80us base thread is ng
> >
> > Mine with std threads is much worse ATM, but mc is busy unpacking
> > the src zip.  And doing it over my local net. And thats seriously
> > hogging cpu cycles. And, the pi was also busy building
> > linuxcnc-master :)
> >
> > But now I have another problem. One for Peter.
> >
> > mesaflash can readhmid of a 5i25 just fine, well enough I can see
> > its the wrong firmware in it, no pwmgens, but won't write a new one.
> > Complains all the file headers are wrong:
> >
> > gene@Hardinge1:~/linuxcnc/hostmot2-firmware-5i25$ sudo mesaflash
> > --device 5i25 --program prob_rfx2.PIN
> > ERROR: Board 5I25 doesn't support FPGA resetting.
> > gene@Hardinge1:~/linuxcnc/hostmot2-firmware-5i25$ sudo mesaflash
> > --device 5i25 --verify prob_rfx2.PIN
> > Checking file... Invalid bitfile header!
> >
> > But it doesn't look contaminated to me.
> >
> > What did I forget to do?
> >
> > Thanks Peter.
> >
> > Cheers, Gene Heskett
>
> You are trying to write a .pin (a text pinout description) file
> instead of a .bit (Xilinx  firmware) file

And all I have on either the machine to be removed from service, or the
machine to get renamed to TLM and which will eventually replace it
are .pins. The machime I was using got rededicated/reinstalled after a
pci bus failure.  I guess that means I'll need to dl that from your site
again.

Thank you Peter.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)