On 05/29/2021 09:56 AM, Jeff Epler wrote:
On Tue, Apr 06, 2021 at 09:05:51PM +0100, andy pugh wrote:
I wonder why the output pin of flipflop.comp is of type io?

Perhaps it was intended for a specific purpose?
flipflop only drives a value onto its output when it is clocked or when
its set input is true.  The theory was probably that there was some way
to make other state-holding elements out of this, such as an SR-latch.

I have no idea whether this is used.

Having it as I/O might make it easy to set the initial state with a setp, without requiring any additional HAL components or nets.

Jon