Sorry to jump in again on the topic, that's exactly the why a CoC is
necessary: it lets the community state what is the expected behavior,
and the procedures to follow in case there is a violation. Obviously
toxic behavior shouln't be admitted, even Alec's comment is
contemptuous to Kirk.
Human interaction can open unexpected Pandora's boxes, which put the
community at risk. Avoiding this risk is the whole purpose of CoCs
existence in first place, thus if we care about the project long term
well-being we should welcome the institution of a CoC.

I said I would not write for long time, but I have to heart this
project and I feel that this issue must be resolved in a quite radical
way, purifying the project's social places and development places from
toxicism, so that people finds a welcoming project and is enticed to
stay and contribute.

Regards