Peter W.
You mentioned to use a 7i76 + one parallel breakout board on the 6I25.

OK that makes sense and would be my preferred setup at the moment, but I
struggle to figure out
how to configure that.

Using 6i25 internal firmware, I have options for,  one or two 7i76 or two
parallel breakout boards.

At the moment I've the 7i76 connected on the external port via the MESA
parallel cable.
And I have that flat cable that connects to the intern header of the 6i25.
But I've no clue how to configure the system in order to get 7i76 and parallel
breakout board work
together giving me at least the hot desired additional stepper interface.

Can you give me a hand please.

Thanks
Ju