Hello Hans,

Le mar. 7 déc. 2021 à 20:31, Hans Unzner  a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> recently I came across the project for LinuxCNC on Weblate to manage the
> translations.
> I didn't know about that and also didn't find much about it except a
> mail from the mailing list archive where Jeff introduced it on an
> experimental website 10 years ago.

Have a look at recent threads here and GH issues about docs translation as
well as po4a migration.
We, @pere, @smoe, and others are trying to push things to the next stage.
Asciidoc being the docs format, @pere is building the infrastructure to
manage docs translations with gettext using the po4a tool suite.
@smoe has made an amazing work on es translation as well as sanitizing en
source files. I'm lagging way behind with fr wich puts this work somehow on
hold untill french files please the migration script.
Meanwhile...

I am wondering how up-to-date the translation of
> https://hosted.weblate.org/projects/linuxcnc/ is and how it is
> syncronized with the GitHub repo.

This is a fresh setup, straight from master, we put together a few days ago
with @pere!

Would be nice if some could tell more about that.

Hope this answers a bunch of your questions. We're also available on devel
irc channel.

And if it is working fine, I think we should add some documentation
> about that to make it well known.

At the bare minimum, we need to mention it in the projects README to
benefit from weblate libre hosting.

TY
Jérémie