Hi Sebastian,

thank you for your work. Really appreciate it.
This is a nice way to include support from supporters not familiar  with the code (although some are tough, I had to scan the C-source to figure out what they mean)

Yesterday I spent some time adding German translations in the section "strings with action required".
(Because I use G5 NURBS, i was in need of the German translation anyhow.)

Two questions:

#1 After ~70 strings the messages seem to repeat. This may be plausible if the same message is generated at different locations in the code,     but shouldn't it suggest the translation made before or even better detect that there are identical strings ?    Didn't go to all of them, but IMHO more than 1000 strings seem only be plausible if duplicates are not detected.

#2 what is the process of finding the "correct" translation in case there are different suggestions ?

Thanks again.

Rainer

Am 11.12.2021 um 06:43 schrieb Sebastian Kuzminsky:
Hello everyone, I'm pleased to announce an easy new tool for improving the translations of LinuxCNC:

https://hosted.weblate.org/projects/linuxcnc/

You don't need to be a programmer, you don't need to install any special software on your computer -- you just need to know CNC terminology in your (non-English) language.

We welcome your translations!