On 01.02.22 01:57, gene heskett wrote:
On Monday, January 31, 2022 12:45:27 PM EST Steffen Möller wrote:
On 31.01.22 18:28, gene heskett wrote:
On Monday, January 31, 2022 6:14:42 AM EST Steffen Möller wrote:
latency-test 1000000 5000000
And it works!
This is great to hear! Thank you! This is 32bits now, right?
On the pi, yes, I think the wintel machines are too. The kernels they are
running are VERY long in the tooth, from 3.something I think.

Where are
you at?

[the latency I had meant]

Now that I have the proper syntax, the rpi4b latency's for this kernel
are amazing:
Linux rpi4.coyote.den 4.19.71-rt24-v7l+ #1 SMP PREEMPT RT Thu Feb 6
07:09:18 EST 2020 armv7l GNU/Linux, I built just shy of 2 years ago, its
reporting under 5 u-secs max jitter for both threads, and its pretty
stable.  And my lathe is moving very smoothly with the new 3 phase
stepper servo's. I have not rebooted it back to bullseye to see if the
v5.16.2-rt19 I built last week is any better.

Save the effort. Let someone else try to beat your 5µs. This looks good,
indeed.

What would be important is that you keep these 5µs when saving something
to the disk etc. or when there is a touch on the touch screen etc. But I
am already sold, will get a Pi again.

Best,
Steffen