I am not sure if it is reported yet, but I am experiencing a status bug in
which some m and g codes are not updating in status.  This seems to be
affecting qtpyvcp's backplotter as well and is being reported by other
users as well.  I verified the problem exists in axis prior to submitting
here to make sure it was in fact in linuxcnc and not qtpyvcp. It is
effecting the 2.8 and 2.9 branches from my testing.

Mdi entries appear to work and update in status, but program load/run and
Action buttons do not update status.  It appears to be different level of
breakage from 2.8 and 2.9.  2.9 seems to not like M3 M4 and 2.8 the same
but also the work offset in gcodes doesn't want to update.

Thanks and let me know you have any questions!

Chris Polanski
Lcvette on the boards and forum