Did you know that  cia402 drives are already supported with this component?
https://github.com/dbraun1981/hal-cia402
I have been working on a homemod that moves all of this and internal ci402
drive homing into a custom homing module

I have never used the ./configure flags you are using but if you are
compiling master branch, I would not be surprised if the issue is outside
of your code, I think if you were using python 2.7, I would be  doing a
checkout 2.8 first so you are compiling the python 2.7 compatible v2.8
code. Master branch is Python 3.9? and above

Personally, I start with a Debian Bullseye nonfree ISO and build
linuxcnc using this recipe https://www.qtpyvcp.com/install/bullseye.html
or even easier, use this script which uses the same recipe
https://github.com/joco-nz/lcnc-bullseye-installer
Using Bullseye  ensures Python 2.7 is never installed. I like that!

The problem then becomes etherlabmaster. The mercurial repo of theirs is
obsolete (now migrated to git lab) and does not work with later kernels.  I
install it from an unofficial distribution maintained by their team. No
Source!  I described how to do this in a sticky in the ethercat forum
https://forum.linuxcnc.org/ethercat/45336-ethercat-installation-from-repositories-how-to-step-by-step
They support builds for the Pi but I have not tested.
So you then just need to compile and install the ethercat hal  driver.

Note I have also installed Debian Bullseye on a Pi4 using the Debian images
(eg not Pi) and building from source
https://raspi.debian.net/
You need to run sudo tasksel to install Xwindows as by default you just get
the command prompt.
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Tasksel

Good luck!

Rod Webster