Am 01.05.22 um 05:08 schrieb gene heskett:

For example this will lead to the fact that Gmoccapy wouldn't fit any
longer in a 1024x768 screen.
True, Hans, but thats a rather low res screen given the modern led
backlit monitors that run on under 20 watts of power that are available
today.

They are at least 1920x1080, and can be had sharper than that if you have
a few more sheckles to spend.

I would think the power bill alone to run an older, dimmer crt monitor
that runs around 200-300 watts to power it, would have been cause for
recycling it long ago when the new stuff goes on sale for under $100 USD.
The 1920x I use on the rpi4 to run my Sheldon Lathe draws 11 watts. Even
CCFL backlit stuff draws more power.

Putting on my Certified Electronics Technician hat, IMO People dragging
their feet on this are being penny wise, and pound foolish when good,
very low power, high res monitors can be on the front deck in 2 days.

Yeah but there also other aspects which speaks for such a small screen. I have not much space for a big screen attached to my mill and I have a nice industrial case for my 15" touch screen. Furthermore I don't know if there are any 15" touch screens with a bigger resolution than 1024x768 AND have drivers for Linux. And this size is fully sufficient and a bigger resolution on the same screen size would only make the touch buttons smaller what I don't want...

/Hans