i bought some of the 42c series teeny stepper/servos, but quickly found they were worthless for a 3d printer because the hall effect encoder is way too slow for real time motions.

However, for positioning of a tool changer part they would be quite useful with the right controller.

So I need to hack up in hal. or maybe python, something that could take a true or false signal and issue the correct steps/dir to position the motor in one of two positions. Even better would be a $2 arduino. Something I could sequence in classic ladder maybe, Each of three functions would have two positions with me running the ER chuck wrenches and pushing mouse buttons to sequence it.

Ideas on how needed. I've got spare pin in the interface to do it, so how would you folks do it?

Thanks,

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis