On 9/6/23 16:12, Nathan Hartman wrote:
On Wed, Sep 6, 2023 at 2:06 PM gene heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net> wrote:
Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/bin/hal_manualtoolchange", line 65, in <module>
      app = tkinter.Tk(className="AxisToolChanger")
    File "/usr/lib/python3.7/tkinter/__init__.py", line 2023, in __init__
      self.tk = _tkinter.create(screenName, baseName, className,
interactive, wantobjects, useTk, sync, use)
_tkinter.TclError: no display name and no $DISPLAY environment variable

The last line quoted above might be an important clue: "no display
name and no $DISPLAY environment variable"

Perhaps there used to be a $DISPLAY envvar and it was clobbered
somehow? Some rc scripts overwritten by recent updates maybe?

Just a guess...

-Nathan
There is not a DISPLAY in the env on any of those buster machines. How would I go about it considering the ssh login is to a "XDG_SESSION_TYPE=tty" pasted from the screen I see here?

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis