>And if hal_u32_t was mapped into an S64 (as I am proposing) then
>nothing at all would need to change in this code.

I am fully aware data types can change with platforms but in this case,
this part time programmer knows what platform he is compiling for.
If the hal_u32_t Word in this instance is changed to an S64, how can you
guarantee that the S64 is mapped back to the hal_u32_t when it's written
back to the Ethercat drive that has an externally defined register size?

Rod Webster
*1300 896 832*
+61 435 765 611
Vehicle Modifications Network