Am 17.12.23 um 11:17 schrieb andy pugh:
When I do test builds on my local machine I seem to create new .po and
,pot files.

These show up as uncommitted changes in Git, and prevent rebasing etc.

What is the right thing to do with these?

It seems that the target 'pofiles' have been invoked, either for the docs or for the source strings. The po/pot files are generated if you run "make -C docs/src" or "make -C src/po". If you look at the diff for the po/pot files in src/po it will be mostly changes of line numbers in the comments and maybe a few changed source strings. For the docs probably mostly changes in the docs sources. If you think the files are generated correctly, you should commit them. We should do that regularly to to provide the updated strings for the translators via Weblate. Seems that we have neglected that a bit the last time.
I can also do that if you feel unsure about that...