> I took a completely different route with mesa_modbus, having realised that
> the configuration hardly ever changes, I went for an approach that parses
> the data into a compiled module.
> https://linuxcnc.org/docs/stable/html/drivers/mesa_modbus.html
> This was at least partly because realtime modules don't generally have
> access to the file system whilst loading.

This would solve the parsing problem but not sure how to connect it to the
driver sending and receiving messages.

I have partly solved the parsing problem and have something that work but only
as a fast hack. It is only expected to
work with configuration file as more or less as written now otherwise odd
things might happen and error reports may be
missleading.

Regards Nicklas Karlsson