From: dmckean%paragon-networks.com
Date: 12/17/96 01:10:20 PM
Subject: The Age Old Question of Interfering with Someone's Home Stereo ...

Yes, the old question of interference from one home to
another.

I just had a friend (yes really, a friend) ask the
following:

He has a 100 Watt Shortwave radio transmitter/reciever
setup in his home (a condo).  All approved equipment.
He operates in the 75m band (3.765 MHz).  His antenna
is in his attic out of view.

He believes he is interfering with his neighbor's
stereo who lives right next to him in the condo.

He is extremely concerned about operating "within the law".
Is he?  I think he is.  Only from what he's told me,
it sounds like everything is ok.

Doesn't the "must accept" on the FCC label make the
burden of correction on the owner of the stereo?

Thanks in advance.

The comments and opinions stated herein are mine alone,
and do not reflect those of my employer.