I have an application in which a PC power supply will be placed
inside a large cabinet.  I will have virtually no control over the
specifications of this power supply since it will be purchased from
a third party.  In addition, the vendors are likely to change from
time to time without a lot of advanced warning.  I do, of course,
have veto power, though, if the supply doesn't have the necessary
certifications.

My question is whether I have to go to the trouble and expense of
providing a circuit breaker or fuse for the supply.  Or, can I, on
the otherhand, simply assume that all of these supplies would have a
fuse on the input.

Max Kelson
mkel...@es.com