Hi everybody,

     I am sure many of you encountered the situation of trying to perform
     EMI measurements with a spectrum analyzer or receiver in an
     environment where "environmental" signals have very close frequencies
     to the ones you are trying to measure. This could sometimes be another
     unit of the same type of equipment which we are currently testing
     which is running with covers open and cables unshielded in an adjacent
     room.
     Is there a way to separate signals which are about 100Hz apart before
     they go into the receiver?
     If this could be done I could do all my pre compliance in the lab and
     get to the open field lab with a high level of confidence.
     I would very much like to hear how others (who probably have much more
     experience than me) do it. (There's no way I can get screened anechoic
     room).

     thanks

     moshe valdman
     mgr - Safety,EMC,reliability and components engineering
     Scitex Israel