Subject: EMC Test Equipment
Author:  103333.1...@compuserve.com at !INTERNET
Date:    5/8/96 1:25 PM

Does anyone know of a particularly rugged, CE approved Personal
Computer for use in 801-2 ESD testing?  I keep damaging the serial
interface chips in my current machine (IBM valuepoint 386SX).

By the way, I use a HP 8591EM, Compliance Design antenna set
(3 bicon's), a Compliance Design 16dB preamp, 1-4 meter Compliance
Design mast, and a Solar LISN.  My site is located in one corner of a
warehouse, with a 21 foot by 13 foot ground plane installed.  My data
compares well with the outside lab, except in the 30 - 40 MHz range. I
also use a set of Com-Power near field probes for breadboard and eng.
model diagnostic testing.  We use a Keytek Series 2000 ESD simulator
for 801-2 ESD tests.

Tom Crabtree
103333.1...@compuserve.com

Courtesy of RCIC