Hello Tony,

EN 414 is titled "Safety of Machinery; rules for the drafting and
presentation of safety standards".  It does not deal with risk assessment of
a machine.  For risk assessment, try prEN 1050 "Safety of machinery -
Principles for risk assessment" or prEN 954-1 "Safety of machinery - Safety
related parts of control systems - Part 1: General principles for design".

You can purchase these documents from the following sources:

BSI - 011-44-908-220022 (ph)
      011-44-908-225080 (fax)

IEC - 011-41-22-734-1050 (ph)
      011-41-22-733-3843 (fax)