Richard Woods <wo...@sensormatic.com> wrote:

> I understand that there is a directive concerning
> measuring instruments? Does anyone know the directive
> number? Does anyone know the scope of the directive?

G'Day!

I looked up my copy of the May 1996 "...Links between
Products, Directives and Standards..." and could not find
any specific Directive, so either it doesn't exist or it's
later than March/April 96. The only Directive listed
against Measuring Instruments (mostly analogue type) and
Measuring devices (mostly meters) was the LVD and EMC
ones.

The nearest I got was:
71/316/EEC - Measuring Instruments and methods for
metrological Control.
This has been amended three times by Directives 72/427/EEC,
83/575/EEC, and 87/355/EEC.

Sorry, that's all I could find out...

--
Alan Hudson