__
To: emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org@INTERNET
From: rampelberg...@euronet.be@INTERNET on Tue, Jul 15, 1997 12:11 AM

>Other statements made by the same person Not dirrectly related to the
> purpose of this discution group (info request):
>  - 72 Mhz will be no longer be used in the USA for model radio control.
>    In the near future the 72Mhz band will be relocated in the 75 Mhz band
>    (who can comment this?)

I did some more checking since your first post on this subject. Band width
in  the 75.2 - 76 MHz spectrum has been allocated for RC use in the US
(though I have not seen any equipment for sale in this band). Also, band
width in the 49.6 - 50 MHz spectrum has ben allocated for "radio controlled
toys". Once FCC allocates a band fo a particular use it does not recind it,
so 72 MHz will continue to be available for RC use.

Dave Clement