Hi Martin,

If we want to measure the noises from the signal tracks, we are normally
using a good quality (low loss) coaxial cable, one end attached to a
resistor, the other end connect to the receiver/SA.  The other end of
the resistor can be poking to the signal tracks.

The other technique is using a good quality coaxial cable, one end
connect to the receiver/SA, the other end are attached to a piece of
insulated coating copper wire (via BNC) making into different
shape/sizes depend on the application.  We are using this technique to
measure noise leakage and also noisy areas within the PCB.

I hope you do find these information useful.

Regards

Vi Van

Mitsubishi PC
v...@apricot.mee.com