To: OAS     --MAILSERV Open Addressing
cc: 250105  --LOCKOVM1 SITARSKI MICHAEL J

From: Michael J. Sitarski, PMI - DMI, 35905, 1/3/EP, (72)6-3717
      Internet:   sitar...@kodak.com
      Fax: (716) 726-9453 KNET: 236-3717
Subject: Effective EMI coatings for steel, aluminum, plastic.

Greetings to all viewers.  I have been monitoring this forum for some time
and would like to take this opportunity to ask a question concerning coatings
or platings for steel, aluminum and plastic.  Does anyone know of any studies
that may have been performed comparing various coatings on the three mentioned
substrates that considers cost, conductivity and/or shielding effectiveness.
Apparently some of the tried and true materials are coming under attack for
environmental friendliness and suitable alternatives must be identified.

I am aware of the use of zinc chromates, electroless nickel and copper as
well as various paints.  Any experiences out there with practicality,
durability, cost and environmental friendliness.  Thanks in advance for
your comments.

|   M.J. Sitarski, Environmental & Regulatory Compliance  |