Greetings,

I talked with a colleague about the new FCC 15.32 on test of CPU boards
this afternoon. We reached the following conclusion.

        Test Condition  Margin                  CPU board Pass/Fail

1.      cover removed   less than limit         pass
2.      cover removed   over limit not
                        more than 3db
         1) cvr inplace less than limit         pass
         2) cvr inplace more than limit         fail
3.      cover removed   over limit more         fail
                        than 3db

limit here means FCC Class B limit.

Is this your understanding of this new rule as well? If so, I feel FCC does
not deregulate in terms of selling cpu boards alone. Have not seen a cpu
board only fail class b limit in air marginally. The new rule will probably
make it impossible to sell current cpu boards without installing it in a
chasis. Comments please, TIA.

Best regards,
Tom
Regulatory Compliance Information Center
http://www.rcic.com