The safety agencies will primarily look to see if the inrush will cause
nuisance tripping of any overcurrent protection devices, including the
branch circuit protection, and sometimes effects on additional earth
leakage current.  For your application, the North American agencies will
assume branch circuit protector is rated 15A (assuming your using an
ANSI/NEMA 5-15P attachment plug).  Inrush current is typically
monitored, but isn't generally a show-stopper without some secondary
effect.

Regards,

Peter L. Tarver
Nortel