Hi:

This somewhat related to this subject.

Our customers in Europe have asked for DC/DC powered
units.  I assumed, bad, that there would be conducted
emissions testing required <30 mHz.  But could only
find a reference to a `proposed' requirment.  Also our
test lab engineer agreed.
Is this true?
If it is, does anyone suspect when it may be requireded?
What is your practice?

I plan to test anyway.

On 28 Apr 97 at 9:58, Tony Fredriksson wrote about,
Re: EMC Test Voltages:

> All,
>
> Keep in mind that Australia requires 240 VAC @ 50 Hz.
> So you may want to test line conducted emissions at
> that level to keep them happy too.
>
> Regards,
> tony_fredriks...@netpower.com
>
>  ----------
> From: Steve Chin
> To: Brent Taira; EMC-PSTC
> Subject: Re: EMC Test Voltages
> Date: Thursday, April 24, 1997 5:27PM
>
> Brent, I have a sort of middle of the road approach
> for the FCC conducted emissions testing: I use
> whatever mains voltage is available in the US, which
> is usually 120V~/60Hz. For the CISPR 22 teests, I use
> a regulated 230V~/50Hz power source. Japanese
> conducted emissions should be tested at 100V~/50Hz
> (regulated).
>
> All of my radiated emissions scans and immunity
> testing are performed with input power of 230V~/50Hz.
>
> These criteria seem to satisfy all parties concerned.
>
> Steve Chin
> StreamLogic Corp.
> Menlo Park, CA, USA
> sc...@streamlogic.com
>
> Brent Taira (72642.3...@compuserve.com) wrote:
>
> >Dear Group,
> >
> >I have a simple inquiry concerning the appropriate
> >test voltages and frequencies to be used during the
> >various EMC Tests.
> >
> >1)     What are the appropriate voltages to be used
> >for FCC Testing (Class
> B)?
> >90V, 100V, 110V, 115V, 117V, 120V?  How about
> >frequency?
> >
> >2)     Same question for CISPR22?  200V, 220V, 230V,
> >240V, 254V?
>  Frequency?
> >
> >3)     Same for VCCI, except then you get into
> >....100V and 200V.
>  Frequency?
> >
> >4)     Now, EMC.  Same questions.
> >
> >Theoretically, you would want to test for all
> >possible voltages and frequencies that your product
> >is intended to support.  What has been the common
> >practice in your company/lab/country?
> >
> >Thank you in advance for your time,
> >
> >Brent Taira

Best regards,