I personally have had a preference for
analog Spectrum analyzers for measurements.
I've always had trouble accepting sampling
rates, windowing, ... of the digital SA's.
I have used recievers only twice. But that's
just me.  If I can measure the same field
strength with a digital SA or analog SA or
a reciever, so what?

Well, the "so what" is why I'm asking two
questions:

(1) Given the same EUT setup <whatever you
    want it to be> and the same antenna setup
    <again, whatever you want it to be>,
    Which would you choose
    digital SA (dSA),
    analog SA (aSA),
    or reciever?

(2) Given the same EUT setup <whatever you
    want it to be> and the same antenna setup
    <again, whatever you want it to be>,
    how close should each measurement made by
    dSA, aSA, or reciever be?
    Identical?