On Thu, 04 Sep 97 08:08:30 MST, Jon Bertrand wrote:
>     A bit of information to put this GFI discussion in prospective:
>     In 1971, A. W smoot of UL released a study that found 81 percent of
>     electrocutions (in U.S. homes) would have been prevented if a GFI were
>     used.
>     The National Safety Council reported (in the late eighties I believe)
>     that there had not been a single recorded electrocution from ground
>     fault in any occupancy using GFI's.

I didn't think GFI's used the ground lead.
If there weren't any electrocutions from ground faults, it would not
be related to the presence of a GFI.

Having said that, I think a three-leaded version of a GFI could
protect against line-neutral current imbalance, as well as high
leakage current.
Does anyone sell them?

Pat Lawler
plaw...@west.net