You need a copy of the FCC 79-555 report and order of 1979 implementing
the regulation of digital devices.  Appendix C is titled "Derivation of
Limit for Class B Computing Device".  The class A limit was derived from
CBEMA proposal CBEMA/ESC5/77/29 which was also submitted to CISPR.  I
would be willing to send you a copy of an exerpted FCC R&O published in
Dash's 1984 annual if you send me your fax number.

Jon D. Curtis, PE

Curtis-Straus LLC             j...@world.std.com
One-Stop Laboratory for EMC, Product Safety and Telecom
527 Great Road                voice (508) 486-8880
Littleton, MA 01460           fax   (508) 486-8828
http://world.std.com/~csweb